Hidden Gems On The NC500
Hidden Gems On The NC500 Tourist Route Around The Scottish Highlands
The North Coast 500 route is full of stunning scenery, charming villages, and interesting attractions. While some of these locations are well-known and popular with tourists, there are also many hidden gems along the route that are worth exploring. Here are some of the North Coast 500 hidden gems:
- Stoer Lighthouse - This working lighthouse is located on a rocky headland on the west coast of the Scottish Highlands, and offers stunning views of the coastline and the sea.
- Sandwood Bay - This remote beach is accessible only by foot, but is well worth the effort. The beach is surrounded by towering sand dunes and dramatic cliffs, and is one of the most unspoiled beaches in Scotland.
- Smoo Cave - This sea cave is located near Durness and features a large, impressive entrance chamber that can be explored by boat or on foot.
- Achmelvich Beach - This beautiful sandy beach is located on the west coast of Scotland, and features crystal-clear water and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Applecross Pass - This winding road is one of the most scenic drives in Scotland, and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and coastline.
- Falls of Shin - These waterfalls are located near Lairg and are home to a popular salmon leap, where visitors can watch salmon leap up the falls during the summer months.
These are just a few of the hidden gems along the North Coast 500 route. Exploring these lesser-known locations can be a great way to experience the beauty and charm of the Scottish Highlands, and to create lasting memories of your NC500 road trip.
This remote beach is accessible only by foot, but is well worth the effort. The beach is surrounded by towering sand dunes and dramatic cliffs, and is one of the most unspoiled beaches in Scotland.
The Falls of Shin, located near Lairg in the Scottish Highlands, is a natural wonder that attracts visitors from all over the world. Nestled on the North Coast 500 route, this popular tourist attraction is famous for its mesmerizing salmon leap during the summer months. As the salmon make their way upstream, visitors have the opportunity to witness this incredible spectacle up close.
Welcome to Smoo Cave, a breathtaking natural wonder located on the northern coast of Scotland, near the charming village of Durness in Sutherland. This remarkable sea cave is a must-visit destination for nature enthusiasts and history buffs alike.